Demonstrate food hygiene and safety when cooking. Make layered pasta salad and cheese and courgette scones. Visit Norham High school for cookery lessons.
Create a cross stitch tapestry – related to Topic theme
Gears and pulleys –making a prototype first.
Based on catapults and battering rams used by the Viking invaders.
Developing, planning and communicating ideas:
• Generate ideas through brainstorming and identify a purpose for their product.
• Draw up a specification for their design.
• Develop a clear idea of what has to be done, planning how to use materials, equipment and processes, and suggesting alternative methods of making if the first attempts fail.
• Use results of investigations, information sources, including ICT when developing design ideas
Working with tools, equipment, materials and components to make quality products (including food):
• Select appropriate materials, tools and techniques.
• Measure and mark out accurately.
• Use skills in using different tools and equipment safely and accurately.
• Weigh and measure accurately (time, dry ingredients, liquids).
• Apply the rules for basic food hygiene and other safe practices e.g. hazards relating to the use of ovens.
• Cut and join with accuracy to ensure a good-quality finish to the product.
Evaluating processes and products:
• Evaluate a product against the original design specification.
• Evaluate it personally and seek evaluation from others.
Click here for more information.