Demonstrate food hygiene and safety when cooking. Make layered pasta salad and cheese and courgette scones. Visit Norham High school for cookery lessons.
Create a cross stitch tapestry – related to Topic theme
Gears and pulleys –making a prototype first.
Based on catapults and battering rams used by the Viking invaders.
Developing, planning and communicating ideas:
• Generate ideas through brainstorming and identify a purpose for their product.
• Draw up a specification for their design.
• Develop a clear idea of what has to be done, planning how to use materials, equipment and processes, and suggesting alternative methods of making if the first attempts fail.
• Use results of investigations, information sources, including ICT when developing design ideas
Working with tools, equipment, materials and components to make quality products (including food):
• Select appropriate materials, tools and techniques.
• Measure and mark out accurately.
• Use skills in using different tools and equipment safely and accurately.
• Weigh and measure accurately (time, dry ingredients, liquids).
• Apply the rules for basic food hygiene and other safe practices e.g. hazards relating to the use of ovens.
• Cut and join with accuracy to ensure a good-quality finish to the product.
Evaluating processes and products:
• Evaluate a product against the original design specification.
• Evaluate it personally and seek evaluation from others.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is
used to prevent cross site request forgery.
An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
An 'awsUploads' object is used to facilitate file uploads.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: