Use textiles when creating decorations for Christmas. Follow instructions, design snowman and create one by learning to sew.
Transport –wheels and axels, link to topic of trains, planes and automobiles. Make a kit vehicle.
Where food comes from? (vegetables wheat etc) Make dips and eat them with carrots and cucumbers grown at school.
Developing, planning and communicating ideas:
•Generate ideas by drawing on their own and other people's experiences
• Develop their design ideas through discussion, observation , drawing and modelling.
• Identify a purpose for what they intend to design and make.
• Identify simple design criteria.
• Make simple drawings and label parts
Working with tools, equipment, materials and components to make quality products (including food):
• Begin to select tools and materials; use vocab to name and describe them.
• Measure, cut and score with some accuracy.
• Use hand tools safely and appropriately.
• Assemble, join and combine materials in order to make a product.
• Cut, shape and join fabric to make a simple garment. Use basic sewing techniques.
• Follow safe procedures for food safety and hygiene.
• Choose and use appropriate finishing techniques.
Evaluating processes and products:
• Evaluate against their design criteria.
• Evaluate their products as they are developed, identifying strengths and possible changes they might make.
• Talk about their ideas, saying what they like and dislike about them.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and we also use a 'crfstoken' token to prevent cross site request forgery.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: