In Reception, children will complete the following in relation to their 'Physical Development':
* Experiment with different ways of moving
* Negotiate space successfully when playing racing and chasing games with other children, adjusting speed or changing direction to avoid obstacles
* Show increasing control over an object in pushing, patting, throwing, catching or kicking it
* Show good control and co-ordination in large and small movements
* Move confidently in a range of ways, safely negotiating space
* Jump off an object and land appropriately
* Travel with confidence and skill around, under, over and through balancing and climbing equipment
* Begin to build a repertoire of songs and dances.
* Sing songs, make music and dances, and experiment with ways of changing them
* Represent their own ideas, thoughts and feelings through dance
* Hop confidently and skip in time to music
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and we also use a 'crfstoken' token to prevent cross site request forgery.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: