Pantheon (Roman topic) Design, plan, make and evaluate – evaluate peer models. Include folding and joining techniques – link to architecture.
Food – based on Italian recipes. Discuss and practice Health and Safety when cooking.
Creating a bug hotel.
Developing, planning and communicating ideas.
• Generate ideas, considering the purposes for which they are designing.
• Make labelled drawings from different views showing specific features.
• Develop a clear idea of what has to be done, planning how to use materials, equipment and processes, and suggesting alternative methods of making, if the first attempts fail.
• Evaluate products and identify criteria that can be used for their own designs.
Working with tools, equipment, materials and components to make quality products (including food):
• Select appropriate tools and techniques for making their product.
• Measure, mark out, cut and shape a range of materials, using appropriate tools, equipment and techniques.
• Join and combine materials and components accurately in temporary and permanent ways.
• Sew using a range of different stitches, weave and knit.
• Measure, tape or pin, cut and join fabric with some accuracy.
• Use simple graphical communication techniques
Evaluating processes and products:
• Evaluate their work both during and at the end of the assignment.
• Evaluate their products carrying out appropriate tests.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is
used to prevent cross site request forgery.
An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
An 'awsUploads' object is used to facilitate file uploads.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: