Long Term Plan Year 2
Writing in Different Styles
A unit to introduce children to word processing and desktop publishing using a number of different tools and design tasks.
Programming with Scratch JR
A programming unit that uses the excellent free app ScratchJr. Learn this great block-based programming language to create animations and games perfect for KS1. Write and debug algorithms, learn about repeating, and different triggers to create actions. (Most suitable for Y2)
Programming with Logo
A unit that builds on programming experiences with directions and introduces the written programming language of Logo. Students program their on-screen robot to move and create drawings using repeat commands and their own procedures.
An Introduction to Animation
A unit that introduces both 2D and stop frame animation and different tools for creating both.
Finding and Presenting Information
A unit that introduces children to web browsers to explore and search websites safely, collecting and presenting information in graphs, and different ways of sorting and classifying data with databases.
Beginning to Present
A unit that introduces students to making interactive linear and nonlinear presentations and quizzes.
Pupils are taught to:
Algorithms and Programming:
* Use a range of instructions, including directions, angles and turns.
* Test, amend and debug a series of instructions.
* Write a simple programme and test it.
* Predict the outcome of a simple programme.
* Organise digital content.
* Retrieve and manipulate digital content.
* Navigate a web to complete simple searches.
* Use technology safely and respectfully.
* Know where to go for help.
* Know how technology is used in school and outside of school.
Knowledge and Understanding:
* Know you should only open an email from a known source.
* Know that bookmarking is a way to find safe sites again quickly.
* Evaluate the content of websites and know that not everything on a website it true.
* Follow the schools safer internet rules.
* Send and receive an email as a class.
* Recognise advertising on website and learn to ignore it.
* Use a password to access a secure network.
* Use the internet for learning and communicating with others.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: