Digital Imaginary – Repeating Patterns
A unit that looks at the beauty of repeating patterns in nature and how to recreate these with digital art tools and photo editing.
Animation with Scratch
A unit that combines programming with animation as you control the movements and actions of your sprites and backgrounds with algorithms written in the Scratch programming language.
3D Designs – Digital Modelling
A unit that introduces 3D modelling and design, looking at both architectural design of building and sculpture of models. Learn the basics of Sketchup and then put your design skills to the test with a number of projects.
Searching the Web
A unit that looks at all elements of searching the web with care and consideration, covering: searching tricks, validating websites, improving your searches, searching images and searching online maps.
A unit to extend previous use of Kodu and give the students an opportunity to create 3D video games based on sports and well known games.
Pupils are taught to:
Algorithms and Programming:
* Experiment with variables to control models.
* Give an onscreen robot specific instructions that takes them from A to B.
* Make an accurate prediction and explain why they believe something will happen.
* Debug a program.
* Select and use software to accomplish given goals.
* Collect and present data.
* Produce and upload a pod cast.
* Recognise acceptable and unacceptable behaviour using technology.
Knowledge and Understanding:
* Understand the rules to keep me safe when exchanging learning ideas online.
* Recognise that information online may not be reliable or accurate.
* Understand that the internet contains fact, fiction and opinion.
* Understand the need for caution when using image search and the rules around image copyright.
* Understand the need to keep personal information private.
* Know how to respond if someone asks for personal information.
* Recognise that cyber bullying is unacceptable and know how to report an incident of cyber bullying.
* Know and understand the difference between online communication tools used at home and school.
* Understand that internet searches at home and school may be different.
* Know the safer internet rules.
* Recognise the difference between the work of others which has been copied and re-structuring and re-presenting materials in ways which are unique and new.
* Identify when emails should not be opened and when an attachment may not be safe.
* Explain and demonstrate how to use email safely.
* Use different search engines.
Click here for more information.