In reception, children should complete the following as part of their curriculum:
Expressive arts and design: Exploring and using media and materials
• Understands that different media can be combined to create new effects.
• Manipulates materials to achieve a planned effect.
• Constructs with a purpose in mind, using a variety of resources.
• Uses simple tools and techniques competently and appropriately.
• Selects appropriate resources and adapts work where necessary.
• Selects tools and techniques needed to shape, assemble and join materials they are using.
• They safely use and explore a variety of materials, tools and techniques, experimenting with colour, design, texture, form and function.
Expressive arts and design: Being imaginative
• They represent their own ideas, thoughts and feelings through design and technology.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is
used to prevent cross site request forgery.
An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
An 'awsUploads' object is used to facilitate file uploads.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: