In Reception, children should complete the following as part of their 'Understanding of the World':
* look closely at similarities, differences, patterns and change.
* know about the similarities and differences in relation to places, objects, materials and living things.
* talk about the features of their own immediate environment and how environments might vary from one another.
* make observations of animals and plants and explain why some things occur and talk about changes
* can talk about similarities and differences between themselves, others and among families.
Click here for more information.