Riverside Primary aims to follow the agreed syllabus provide by North Tyneside as well as including those parts that are special to us like Chinese New Year and International Fortnight.
Religious Education aims to ensure that pupils:
• develop deepening knowledge and understanding about a range of religious and non-religious worldviews so that they can:
- describe and explain beliefs and theological concepts
- describe and explain some sources of authority and teachings within and across religious and non-religious traditions
- describe and explain ways in which beliefs are expressed
- know and understand the significance and impact of beliefs and practices on individuals, communities and societies
• gain and understand specialist vocabulary and terms used in RE
• know and understand about religious diversity within the region, as well as nationally and globally
• know and understand how religion can be defined and what is meant by the term ‘religious and non-religious worldviews and with increasing clarity know that these worldviews are complex, diverse and plural
• gain and deploy skills that enable critical thinking and questioning in relation to the material they study
• reflect on their own thoughts, feelings, experiences, ideas, values and beliefs.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: