Long Term Plan - Year 1
Exploring Digital Sound
A unit to introduce children to digital sound, and letting them experiment with simple beats, tempo and composition with various tools.
Making Multimedia Stories
A unit that gets children writing and creating stories and bringing them to life with sound and animation.
A unit that applies the concept of algorithms and instructions to a variety of contexts, both digital and analogue (e.g. operating a crane, recipes and dance routines
An Introduction to Digital Art
A unit to introduce children to a range of digital art packages and the tools within them. They apply the tools and their skills to a range of artistic styles and genres from painting to photography.
A programming unit that focuses on directional instructions and creating sequences (algorithms) using a number of programs and equipment.
Pupils are taught to:
Algorithms and Programming:
* Create a series of instructions.
* Plan a journey for a programmable toy.
* Use technology safely.
* Keep personal information private
* Create, store and retrieve digital content.
* Use a website.
* Use a camera.
* Record a sound and play it back.
Knowledge and Understanding:
* Understand different methods of communication.
* Know that some information should not be shared online.
* Follow the school internet rules.
* Use search engines agreed in school.
* Know what to do if they find something inappropriate online.
* Use a password and username to access a secure network.
Click here for more information.