Bridges of Tyneside
Plan, design, draw, make and evaluate a bridge structure based on local bridges.
Prepare a savoury dish. Follow instructions/recipes in order to create a dish joining different ingredients as appropriate • be aware of how healthy the dish is and the seasonality of food and its country of origin.
Create a crown for a monarch.
Developing, planning and communicating ideas.
• Generate ideas for an item, considering its purpose and the users.
• Identify a purpose and establish criteria for a successful product.
• Plan the order of their work before starting.
• Explore, develop and communicate design proposals by modelling ideas.
• Make drawings with labels when designing
Working with tools, equipment, materials and components to make quality products (including food):
• Select tools and techniques for making their product. Measure, mark out, cut, score and assemble components with more accuracy.
• Work safely and accurately with a range of simple tools.
• Think about their ideas as they make progress and be willing change things if this helps them improve their work.
• Measure, tape or pin, cut and join fabric with some accuracy.
• Demonstrate hygienic food preparation and storage.
• Use finishing techniques strengthen and improve the appearance of their product using a range of equipment including ICT.
Evaluating processes and products:
• Evaluate their product against original design criteria e.g. how well it meets its intended purpose.
• Disassemble and evaluate familiar products.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: