In Nursery, children should complete the following as part of their 'Understanding of the World':
* comment and ask questions about aspects of their familiar world such as the place where they live or the natural world.
* can talk about some of the things they have observed such as plants, animals, natural and found objects.
* talk about why things happen and how things work.
* develop an understanding of growth, decay and changes over time.
* show care and concern for living things and their environment.
* know some of the things that make them unique and can talk about some of the similarities and differences in relation to friends or family.
Click here for more information.