Moving pictures and toys
(link to history topic of Toys)
Homes, create plans and improve strength of model. Learn how to make a window and a door that opens
Where does food come from? (animals) Make a range of animal product sandwiches. Make the ultimate sandwich – plan and draw it.
Developing, planning and communicating ideas.
• Draw on their own experience to help generate ideas.
• Suggest ideas and explain what they are going to do.
• Identify a target group for what they intend to design and make.
• Model their ideas in card and paper.
• Develop their design ideas applying findings from their earlier research.
Working with tools, equipment, materials and components to make quality products (including food)
• Make their design using appropriate techniques.
• With help measure, mark out, cut and shape a range of materials.
• Use tools eg scissors and a hole punch safely.
• Assemble, join and combine materials and components together using a variety of temporary methods e.g. glues or masking tape.
• Select and use appropriate fruit and vegetables, processes and tools.
• Use basic food handling, hygienic practices and personal hygiene.
• Use simple finishing techniques to improve the appearance of their product.
Evaluating processes and products
• Evaluate their product by discussing how well it works in relation to the purpose.
• Evaluate their products as they are developed, identifying strengths and possible changes they might make.
• Evaluate their product by asking questions about what they have made and how they have gone about it.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: