DT – Design a building to withstand an earthquake
Food Technology – creating dishes based around a given budget.
Create a holiday souvenir based around textiles.
Developing, planning and communicating ideas:
• Communicate their ideas through detailed labelled drawings.
• Develop a design specification.
• Explore, develop and communicate aspects of their design proposals by modelling their ideas in a variety of ways.
• Plan the order of their work, choosing appropriate materials, tools and techniques
Working with tools, equipment, materials and components to make quality products (including food):
• Select appropriate tools, materials, components and techniques.
• Assemble components make working models.
• Use tools safely and accurately.
• Construct products using permanent joining techniques.
• Make modifications as they go along.
• Pin, sew and stitch materials together create a product.
• Achieve a quality product
Evaluating processes and products:
• Evaluate their products, identifying strengths and areas for development, and carrying out appropriate tests.
• Record their evaluations using drawings with labels.
• Evaluate against their original criteria and suggest ways that their product could be improved.
Click here for more information.