DT – Design a building to withstand an earthquake
Food Technology – creating dishes based around a given budget.
Create a holiday souvenir based around textiles.
Developing, planning and communicating ideas:
• Communicate their ideas through detailed labelled drawings.
• Develop a design specification.
• Explore, develop and communicate aspects of their design proposals by modelling their ideas in a variety of ways.
• Plan the order of their work, choosing appropriate materials, tools and techniques
Working with tools, equipment, materials and components to make quality products (including food):
• Select appropriate tools, materials, components and techniques.
• Assemble components make working models.
• Use tools safely and accurately.
• Construct products using permanent joining techniques.
• Make modifications as they go along.
• Pin, sew and stitch materials together create a product.
• Achieve a quality product
Evaluating processes and products:
• Evaluate their products, identifying strengths and areas for development, and carrying out appropriate tests.
• Record their evaluations using drawings with labels.
• Evaluate against their original criteria and suggest ways that their product could be improved.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is
used to prevent cross site request forgery.
An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
An 'awsUploads' object is used to facilitate file uploads.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: