In Reception, children should be able to complete the following in relation to their 'Physical Development':
* experiment with different ways of moving.
* jump off an object and land appropriately.
* negotiate space successfully when playing racing and chasing games with other children, adjusting speed or changing direction to avoid obstacles.
* travel with confidence and skill around, under, over and through balancing and climbing equipment.
* show increasing control over an object in pushing, patting, throwing, catching or kicking it.
* show some understanding that good practices with regard to exercise can contribute to good health.
* show understanding of the need for safety when tackling new challenges and consider and manage some risks.
* show understanding of how to transport and store equipment safely.
Click here for more information.