Pupils are taught to:
Algorithms and Programming:
* Design a sequence of instructions, including directional instructions.
* Write programs that accomplish specific goals.
* Work with various forms of output and input.
* Use a range of software for similar purposes.
* Collect information.
* Design and create content.
* Present information.
* Search for information on the web in different ways.
* Manipulate and improve digital images.
* Use technology respectfully and responsibly.
* Know different ways to ask for help if concerned.
* Understand computer networks and how they provide multiple services.
* Discern when it is best to use technology and where it adds little of no value.
Knowledge and Understanding:
* Understand the rules to keep me safe when exchanging learning ideas online.
* Recognise that information online may not be reliable or accurate.
* Understand that the internet contains fact, fiction and opinion.
* Understand the need for caution when using image search and the rules around image copyright.
* Understand the need to keep personal information private.
* Know how to respond if someone asks for personal information.
* Recognise that cyber bullying is unacceptable and know how to report an incident of cyber bullying.
* Know and understand the difference between online communication tools used at home and school.
* Understand that internet searches at home and school may be different.
* Know the safer internet rules.
* Recognise the difference between the work of others which has been copied and re-structuring and re-presenting materials in ways which are unique and new.
* Identify when emails should not be opened and when an attachment may not be safe.
* Explain and demonstrate how to use email safely.
* Use different search engines.
Communication & Collaboration:
An introduction to google apps
Finding & Presenting Information
Getting started with Kodu
Click here for more information.