In nursery children should complete the following as part of their curriculum:
Expressive arts and design: Exploring and using media and materials
• Uses various construction materials
• Beginning to construct, stacking blocks horizontally and vertically, making enclosures and creating spaces.
• Joins construction pieces together to build and balance.
• Realises tools can be used for a purpose.
Expressive arts and design: Being imaginative
• Uses available resources to create props to support role-play.
Understanding the world: Technology
• Shows an interest in technological toys with knobs or pulleys.
• Shows skill in making toys work by pressing parts or lifting flaps to achieve effects.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and we also use a 'crfstoken' token to prevent cross site request forgery.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: