Aims and Objectives
Riverside Primary fully supports the National Curriculum by providing opportunities for its pupils to:
• To help pupils develop a sense of identity through learning about their family, the development of their community, Britain, Europe and the world.
• To introduce children to what is involved in understanding and interpreting the past.
• To develop a range of skills necessary for historical enquiry and interpretation.
• To arouse an interest in the past and an appreciation of human achievement.
• To understand the present in the light of the past; the influence that events in the past have in shaping the present.
• To develop children’s knowledge and understanding of major issues and events in the history of their own country and others.
• To acquire a chronological structure and language in order to provide a frame-work for understanding the past.
• To understand the difference between the past and present and that people of other times and places may have held different values and attitudes from ours.
• To enrich other areas of the curriculum.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is
used to prevent cross site request forgery.
An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
An 'awsUploads' object is used to facilitate file uploads.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: