Pupils are taught to:
Algorithms and Programming:
* Combine sequences of instructions and procedures to turn devices on and off.
* Experiment with variables to control models.
* Give an onscreen robot specific instructions that takes them from A to B.
* Make an accurate prediction and explain why they believe something will happen.
* Debug a program.
* Use technology to control an external device.
* Design algorithms that use repetition and 2 way selection.
* Select and use software to accomplish given goals.
* Collect and present data.
* Analyse and evaluate information.
* Produce and upload a pod cast.
* Edit a film.
* Recognise acceptable and unacceptable behaviour using technology.
* Understand the choices you have to make when using technology and that not everything is safe.
Knowledge and Understanding:
* Understand the rules to keep me safe when exchanging learning ideas online.
* Recognise that information online may not be reliable or accurate.
* Understand that the internet contains fact, fiction and opinion.
* Understand the need for caution when using image search and the rules around image copyright.
* Understand the need to keep personal information private.
* Know how to respond if someone asks for personal information.
* Recognise that cyber bullying is unacceptable and know how to report an incident of cyber bullying.
* Know and understand the difference between online communication tools used at home and school.
* Understand that internet searches at home and school may be different.
* Know the safer internet rules.
* Recognise the difference between the work of others which has been copied and re-structuring and re-presenting materials in ways which are unique and new.
* Identify when emails should not be opened and when an attachment may not be safe.
* Explain and demonstrate how to use email safely.
* Use different search engines.
Click here for more information.